Thinking about selling your home but not sure if the fall is the right time of year? It’s actually a great time to put your home on the market. Here are some of the benefits of listing your home in the fall.
1. There is Less Competition. Typically spring and summer are high season for listing family homes, as people want to move over the summer before the new school year starts, so listings usually decrease in the fall, which means less competition and higher sales prices.
2. Great Weather for Buyers. When the heat of the summer is gone and cool crisp days return, people just want to be out and about more! That may be especially true this year, as we have all spent more time at home during COVID. With precautions put into place, buyers can safely visit your home this fall.
3. Fall Enhances Curb Appeal. Spend the summer taking care of any external repairs that need finishing, then you can celebrate fall by planting some fresh flowers, staging you or front porch with potted mums, pumpkins, and a fall wreath, and carry the theme inside with fall scented candles.
4. Buyers are Serious. Fall and winter buyers tend to be more serious. They may need to move by the end of the year, or they want to get settled before the holiday season. The demographics of buyers may shift towards younger professionals, first-time home buyers, empty nesters, and retired people, who have more flexibility over when they move than people with schoolchildren and are therefore more likely to be serious when they do go looking.
5. Increased Corporate Relocations. Similarly, companies that relocate employees regularly sometimes take advantage of the fall market, knowing they can get better deals on moving expenses. Companies also make tend to make personnel changes in the fall as that often corresponds with their new fiscal year.
Real Life Testimony:
Deciding to sell my condo unit was a big decision, but Stacy made the entire process as convenient as possible. When I first contacted Stacy she made herself available at my earliest convenience, and her knowledge of the entire market and my local market was evident. She came prepared with documents that showed real estate trends in my town, and she meticulously went through the unit with me. Stacy met me soon after to give me the suggested listing price, she had documents showing several comparable properties that had sold, and once again assured me that I was in good hands. Once my property was listed, Stacy kept me up to date on other properties on the market, how many appointments were made, what times were the best for an open house, and also to calm my nerves during the process. She was very responsive when I had any questions; made a house call to drop off another copy of the paperwork that I filled out incorrectly; built a great rapport with my tenant that was living in the unit, which certainly came in handy for last minute appointments; was present for all showings so that I could get real time feedback; and most importantly, she really had my best interest when negotiating the sale of my unit. I am very glad to have worked with Stacy!
-Steve L, Seller